Saturday 6 September 2014

Personalised Gift Hamper

Well, since there seems to be a theme running in my blog so far of all gifts 'thrifty', I thought I'd also share this idea with you ...


This little hamper was another one of my hubby's birthday presents, and they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so although it was no PlayStation or whatever, he was pretty happy!

The trick with creating a gift hamper on a budget is to make it personal. In this case I googled and brainstormed and came up with some sentences that both described my husband and had a play on words that tied in nicely with different snacks ... if you think these would work for your loved one too then here they are (yes some are super corny but that's me haha):

Rocky Road - "You're hotter than 'the Rock' because you are my rock"
M&M's - "You are the Mr to my Mrs, my Mail-Man and Muscle Man" (Mail-man was an inside joke as my hubby always used to say "call me the mail-man because I always deliver")
Mars Bar - "You work hard, rest hard and play hard"
Peanuts - "You're a little bit nutty but I'm nuts about you"
Jelly Babies - "You're soft and sweet"
Chilli Pringles - "You spice up my life ... now that you've popped the question we don't ever need to stop".

(The little film-strip 'card' is a whole other post that I won't get into here ... stay tuned)

Here are the instructions ...

1. Brainstorm! Think about things that your loved one enjoys ... it might not be food so much, perhaps it's for a girl friend or mother that enjoys being pampered (bath salts, oils, creams etc ... you could play on words surrounding the scent, for example "orange you glad we're friends" haha! - yes, I often laugh at my own jokes) or you could give a gift that is seasonal (i.e. a beanie and scarf and label it "you make me feel warm and fuzzy").

2. Create cute little labels to attach with ribbon / string. You can use Word for Windows:

- Add a text box. Format the shape / border / colour etc as desired
- Copy and paste according to how many items will be included in your hamper
- Type in your cute sentences!
- Print, cut and attach :)

Or if you would prefer to skip that, you could simply write onto coloured paper / labels or use my template and personalise the wording ... don't forget to share this post xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment