Sunday 7 September 2014

Creative Cards / Labels

 
 
Sometimes pictures can paint a thousand words, so instead of giving a wordy card, maybe consider some creative alternatives with these added bonuses;
 
1. Heaps of fun to make
2. Costs less than a Halmark card
3. The recipient will love it and probably even keep it!
 
The little film strip label shown above accompanied a gift hamper that I made up for my hubby's birthday. It was so simple - all it took was a camera, some clip art (I simply googled 'film strip') and some photo editing software (I love playing around in Photoshop). If you aren't confident with using software such as Photoshop then you can take a scrapbooking approach and simply print each image, cut, and then paste the photos over the top of the film strip.
 
However if you do enjoy a bit of photo editing then you could have a go at the label I created below for my daughter.
 
 
 
Or this birthday card that we sent to our Pop interstate (the hardest part is getting everyone to pose - but even our little dog Denzel Washington managed so you should be fine) ...
 

 

 
 
We actually turned this card into a fun fridge magnet for him which you could easily do too. You can either purchase magnetic paper, magnetic tape or individual magnets that will adhere to the back of your card.
 
If computer software editing programs are not your thing then have you considered using an app on your smartphone or tablet? Take a look at this little card which I created using a super easy app called Pic Collage:
 
 
 
 
There are probably hundreds of different app's you could choose from, and the beauty of these is that you can take the photo's and edit them all on the one device. You could even send your card off by email or upload it to a social network instead of posting it in the mail. 


 Okay, now I realise that even an app is getting too techical for some, so lets head back in the direction of scrapbooking and perhaps something like the card below would be more up your alley? All I did in this case was cut out magazine letters to spell my husbands name and then found quotes that began with each of those letters and described him in some way.

 
 
Well, that's just a few of the different types of cards / labels I have used for special occasions so far, and I'm sure there will be many many more to come! I'll keep adding to this post as I create more so feel free to subscribe / follow by email :)


No comments:

Post a Comment