Friday 12 September 2014

Mini Photo Album / Wallet Album

Those of you who read my post on Creative Cards might recall me mentioning the use of photo editing app's on your smartphone or tablet. Well, here's something I created using one called Pic Collage (free!). 



It's a mini / wallet photo album that I made for my husband's most recent birthday. I thought it would be nice for him to have some fun pictures of us all where-ever he goes, especially since our youngest daughter is only just coming up to 3months old and I can only imagine that it must be tough having to spend all day away from her!

Anyway, I love Pic Collage because it is so so easy to use and because you can take images and create gorgeous collages all on the one device, and have that 'scrapbook' look by adding backgrounds, text, borders and 'stickers'.

Here are the instructions ...

What you will need:

- Plastic credit card holder (I picked mine up from StrandBags for $1.00)
- Computer
- Printer
- Scissors

1. Take lots and lots of photos! If you already have some on your smartphone or tablet, GREAT! If you already have some on your computer you can use them as they are, edit them in a computer software program such as Photoshop or transfer them onto your smartphone or tablet via USB, Bluetooth or email.

2. If using a photo editing app then get creating! Make sure that you save each of your creations to your device's photo album. (You will need to transfer these onto your computer once you are finished either by email, USB or Bluetooth).

3. Using Word for Windows, insert all your pictures. Format each so that the length doesn't exceed 8.5cm and the width 5.5cm (about the size of a standard credit card).

4. Print, cut and insert into the plastic credit card sleeves! Too easy :)

1 comment: