Thursday 4 September 2014

Home-Made Coupons / Vouchers


 When money's too tight to mention, perhaps you could consider giving gifts that require just a little creativity and quality time with your loved one?


 
I've created a few sets of coupons / gift vouchers over the last couple of years for both my daughter and my husband. My daughter scored 10 vouchers for her 10th birthday, which included things that I know she just loves, like a sleepover night, a day at the pool and a day at the park with our bikes just to name a few. She liked them so much that she still has them in her keepsake box 2 years on!


 
 
My husband has also still got his 'Love Coupons', which I made for him after we had been dating for 6 months - I gave them to him in an envelope that said "6 for 6" on the front. These ones included things such as a 10 minute massage, a chance to ask me any 3 questions and 10 genuine compliments! The beauty of coupons / vouchers is that you can put just about anything on them and it doesn't have to cost a cent. They are especially meaningful for those people whose love language is spending quality time together, but you could also cater for those who appreciate little acts of service, such as doing the dishes or taking out the bins.
 
 
Here are the instructions ...
 
 
You will need:
 
A computer and printer
Paper (Also coloured paper if you want to jazz it up a little like the pictures shown above)
Scissors (And glue if you are doing something similar to what I did)
Things to pretty them up, such as stickers / glitter / sequins etc.
 
1. Using Word for Windows, insert a table that has 2 columns and 3 rows.
2. In the first cell, insert a WordArt of your choice that says something along the lines of Coupon / Voucher.
3. Still in the first cell, add a picture that reflects either the occasion or the voucher itself. (I usually find my pictures from a quick Google Image search - I tend to prefer the drawing or clip art styles). You may need to play around with the formatting to position the picture and WordArt. (You can do this by right clicking on each, or by selecting one and then going to the Format tab at the top of the page).
4. Add text that describes the coupon / voucher, as well as your terms for redemption.
 
If you would prefer to skip some of these fiddly little steps then feel free to grab my template here and personalise it. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment